Monday 20 September 2010

Monday Menu Plan: Week Beginning 20 September


This past weekend has been filled with lots of sweet fellowship with good friends and extended family, over meals, afternoon tea's and 2yo birthday parties.  Amongst the treasures of the weekend ~ watching a man making scones with practiced ease.  And they were really good too, especially the small half I ate in curiosity.  I'm trying very hard to avoid wheat more diligently...the brain fog simply isn't worth it most of the time.  The odd mouthful here and there is easier to handle.

Given that we've entered our first full week of school holidays, we've begun making plans, which means I won't be cooking meals for the next couple of nights.  A blessing for me.  A bit of a whole for anyone who might've been inclined to cook along with my menu plan.  I'll begin my plan from Thursday, since that's the next meal I'll be making!

Thursday:  Oven fried chicken, potatoes, vegies
Friday:  Homemade pizza
Saturday:  BBQ.  Hmmm..that's what I wrote down.  Perhaps I'll change that later to suit the rainy weather :(
Sunday:  Tuna & pasta

Over the last few days I've been pondering questions like "is a Costco membership worth the price, in Australia"; "perhaps a price book would be more helpful than I've given it credit for in the past"; "I need to make a list of all the around-the-house jobs I need to do".  I've printed out a price book page from organizedhome.com and will begin my list.  On that list will be a note to make a phone call to Costco.

And I plan to read.  A lot.  And write the corresponding review the second I put the book down.  But mostly I plan to enjoy reading, because I'm certain I won't have much time to read for the pure pleasure of it next year.

Has anyone ever followed someone else's menu plan?

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

So glad to hear you had a nice weekend! And I'm glad you're taking time to read this holiday. I'm already nostalgic for our beach vacation, which was the last time I got to read at a long stretch.

frances

Tracy said...

When we go camping for three weeks, over summer, I am inclined to read about 12 books. I still managed to find time to chat to other people as well.