Monday 24 August 2009

Monday's Menu Planning

I had a very surreal day today. In a nice way that is. I'm not even sleepy and it's 8pm! I have realised today that my job is truly as full on as I imagine it to be.

My Prep student was away, so I was able to have recess and lunch with everyone else ~ always a special blessing. Since I had no other tasks pressing for my attention I also had the privilege of doing some literacy testing on the Prep's. They're such a cute little bunch of people. They all seemed to decide that coming to visit me at the teacher's desk and sitting on the other whirly chair a couple of times each during the day was the highlight. And then I had a handful of gorgeous little girls declare their undying love and appreciation that I'm in their classroom. Heart-melting cuteness in pink-lined 6yo packages LOL. Tomorrow if my student is away I'll see if I can organise to spend a little extra time with my Yr 3 student.

Now for my menu plan...

Monday: Chicken & vegetable curry, brown rice
Tuesday: Polenta crumbed chicken, vegetables
Wednesday: CP cranberry and orange lamb roast, vegetables
Thursday: Pasta with vegie sauce
Friday: Lamb with rosemary and vegetables, mashed potatoes
Saturday: Quiche, potato wedges, vegetables
Sunday: Roast ... maybe chicken

Actually, I might swap Tuesday and Wednesday around....first staff meeting and all. I believe they're inclined to finish quite late in the afternoon and then I'll need to pick the kids up from their uncle's.

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, those little pink girls and their undying love! They're the best.

Pretty good looking menu for a working girl!

frances