Sunday 9 August 2009

Busy, Good, Happy

This weekend has continued in much the same vein as the week has been. Busy. A good kind of busy, we've all agreed. Dh set off for a Men's Camp with the blokes from church. He left a little snuffled up and came home pretty unwell. He was well cared for by the guys there. He's enjoyed being home though! The poor man has a very busy time ahead at work. I pray he recovers quickly!

The kids and I headed into the Collingwood Children's Farm Farmer's Market yesterday morning, as a Girls Brigade activity. Not many families attended and to be honest, I could've been persuaded to pike it too. But it was a marvellous day. Despite the icy 2C start, the day ended up being sunny and quite warm enough. We bought some rhubarb, some sweet eeze oranges, a beautiful savoy cabbage ... and some goats feta for me. My leader who organised the event is a close friend and we both agreed we should return with our husbands and make another day of it. Even more impressive, I made it all the way there and back on two different routes, thanks the girls, who took turns in the front seat holding the wobbly plug into the Navigator. My golly I love that thing. It just tells you what to do and voila, you've arrived safely with no hassles.

After the Farm, Rel & I and our two girlfriends gathered with our combined throng of children and spent the rest of the day and into the evening together. The kids enjoyed themselves...and of course we did too. What a shame we had to cut it short to get kids into bed LOL. We ate a beautiful dinner after the kids had demolished their meal and left platters and serving bowls with barely a crumb! Thanks Nols, it was absolutely delicious.

Today, we spent the afternoon after church at home. Resting, watching 'Home Improvement' episodes, snoozing...general relaxing and awaiting the return of the Man of the House. Despite his lack of energy, croaky throat and stuffed up nose he did enjoy the weekend and I'm sure as he feels more like talking I'll hear more about it this week.

I think a nice hot cup of tea might be the perfect way to end the day.

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Sounds like a lovely Sunday. Hope you enjoyed that cup of tea!

frances

Tracy said...

It was a tiny piece of Heaven Frances. A cup of tea in the quiet of the evening when all the children are in bed is always a treasure to me.