Monday 10 August 2009

Menu Mayhem

We have lots going on around here. We got home just before 6pm. We're at the end of a flurry of activity....dinner, a load of washing, a few days worth of dishes...no, maybe it's only one day but my goodness it felt like three days! Miss Mischief is still drying and Mr Busy has yet to finish putting away. I can't wait for the part for the dishwasher to arrive!

I've decided to take Miss Sunshine off wheat for a bit to see if her skin clears up. Her arms are an absolute mess with unusual rashes amongst the eczema. She only ever tells me when it is really beyond bearable, bless her little heart. My own eczema flares when I've been naughty and had too much wheat, too. She came home saying my rye bread wasn't so bad. Funny that. She's had it before and as I recall, quite enjoyed it!

The week's meals might end up being something along the lines of:

Monday: Sweet & Sour Pork, basmati rice
Tuesday: Chicken, mushroom and bacon casserole, mashed potatoes
Wednesday: Pork meatloaf, vegies, potatoes
Thursday: Chinese simmering chicken, rice, stir fried vegies
Friday: Nachos
Saturday: Roast chicken, vegies, potatoes (keep leftover meat aside)
Sunday: Lunch out ~ dinner might be toasted sandwiches or something similar

* * * * * * * * * *

On the work front, it's been a doozy of a day. My year 3 student got very angry with me today when I insisted that he needed to change the way he writes one of his letters, even though I explained and demonstrated the reasons. They're learning joining writing and the change is necessary. He's not enjoying the switch to the new style of writing so today's requirement to change further didn't go down well at all. He did settle back to his normal happy self after a quiet word from his teacher, after I explained the situation to her. We agreed a better day tomorrow would be nice.

My Preppie was a little all over the place, but I think he did much better than his Mum expected. I love that 6yo's a usually genuinely repentant when their behaviour gets picked up.

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Tracy, I hope all this activity is energizing you. It's exhausting me just reading about it! Of course, I'm reading about it in the midst of a hundred-degree heat wave, which makes everything seem impossible ... Really, I can barely be bothered to move!

Hope you have a better day tomorrow with your Year 3.

frances