Wednesday 12 August 2009

A Little Thanks to Warm the Heart


Yesterday morning, Mrs B (our Prep teacher) presented me with this bouquet of simple, elegant, dainty flowers and a little container of gluten free yo-yo's. It was her expression of thanks for the 'poo incident' last term. Since then, of course, we've (I've) had a 'wee' incident to deal with too.

Her family told her she was so cruel to 'make' me do it. The reality is that the teacher has duty of care and couldn't just leave a class of children in the hands of an unqualified member of staff. Also, it's nothing I haven't done before...having toilet trained three toddlers of my own. Yeah, someone else's mess isn't so easy to deal with but as any mother will tell you, you just have to get on with it.

I'm savouring every crumb of each yo-yo and enjoying my stunningly beautifuly little splash of dainty colour over dinner...and breakfast!

In any case, I came home saying to my kids 'Mrs B loves me'. And it's nice to know that things like that are not unnoticed. Not because you do those kinds of things in order to be thanked... but it's nice to know.

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

It's always lovely to get flowers, but especially so when the flowers for courage under fire! It's nice to know that you're appreciated.

But if you actually blogged about the poo incident, I've definitely blocked it from memory!

frances

Tracy said...

I remember a comment from a friend with a daughter in the class, so I must've mentioned it. I'm going to look....

A little backtracking revealed a fleeting mention. Because more detail would've been too gross!
http://beyondmypicketfence.blogspot.com/2009/06/germ-warfare.html