Friday 21 August 2009

How to Fool Your Kids....


...into thinking you're a GREAT parent? When your daughter asks if her friend can come after school on a Friday, you offer for the friend to sleepover instead.

My actions this week have purely been a study in parental laziness or self-preservation. Whichever you feel is a more befitting explanation. One of Miss Sunshine's favourite friends lives about 20 minutes from us and when I thought about me dropping her off or her Mum having to come here I felt exhausted for us both. We have an Open Day at school tomorrow, so we'll return her to her parents there. Apparently Open Day's have more uses than one might otherwise imagine!

4 comments:

belinda said...

When it comes to parenting I think all parents get as many non detrimental self preservation cards as they need.

Honestly to me that decision just makes sense.. why drive when you don't have to. If your lucky Miss Sunshine might just be grateful enough to pretend not to be a teen for a couple of days.

Kind Regards
Belinda

Tracy said...

LOL Belinda. She's actually been pretty good as far as being a teen goes. Our rocky years came when she turned three. 13yo has been a walk in the park so far. I suspect it may not always be so and she'll do dumb stuff somewhere along the way. But she's got a good sensible head on her shoulders and really good friends around her.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

You know me, I'm all about self-preservation as a parent. It's just so nice when my efforts at self-preservation coincide with my children's desires!

Hope it was a fun sleepover for all involved!

frances

Tracy said...

They had a ball and included Miss Mischief in the fun as well. The three of them were all giggles and whispers and then slept at a very reasonable hour...before I went to bed.