Tuesday 26 May 2009

What Have I Done?

You know those moments? When you run full tilt ahead and then at some point go "what on earth have I done?"!!!! I think I'm about to have one of those!

I finally had the chat with my Principal that he'd wanted to have last week. We're formally communicating and nutting out the logistics of me taking on a significant number of hours to work with a new Prep student who starts in mid-June. In the process of mentally adjusting to the idea of working for four school days I did have the presence of mind to ask that, if it was possible, I would like to continue having Monday's completely off. Of course, all the details remain elusive at this point but I can at least begin to plan for four full-on days a week. See...that's why I was menu planning so much further in advance than I have been lately.

Perhaps this is the reason that I have been running the idea of a big meal preparation event, similar to OAMC but without the cooking, just the preparation. Perhaps God was telling me I have something ahead that will see me best served by being super organised. I suspect I should take advantage of every opportunity for even small amounts of free time during these next couple of weeks!!!! Not only for doing things that I love and enjoy, but for preparing myself in practical ways.

6 comments:

Rel said...

Wow!! You will be very busy. I am doing 3 days at the moment and oh boy, it's hard :)

Tracy said...

I imagine your hours would be hard going Rel. You're working a full day on each of your three days. I'll finish and come home at the same time as the kids.

Joy McD said...

Planning is such a good idea. I have felt the need lately to do more of that, especially in the area of meal planning. I am trying to only shop fortnightly too.

How is your sore throat? I hope you're not comind down with a full blown cold.

lv,

Joy

Tracy said...

If nothing else the planning leaves my mind uncluttered! Good on you for the fortnightly shopping Joy, I can't seem to get my head around that.

I've ended up with a full-on cold. However, because I've been on zinc tablets for two months it's actually not too bad and I don't feel like I'm going to die. If this is my "one for the year" I'm quite happy. I can still function relatively well and don't feel like falling into bed all the time :)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, no--you got the cold! I hope it goes away soon. And good luck with all the organizing. I'm about to take on a huge organizing project in hopes that not only will it clear out my closets (and attic) but my head as well.

frances

Tracy said...

Arrrghhh...don't mention the cupboards!!!!! Miss Mischief needs to clean hers out so she can prove she really does need more clothes. Right now I can't see how she can say that.