I always get a comment or two, whenever 'Ants Climbing Trees' features on my menu plan. It's really a very quick and very simple Asian dish of minced pork, mung bean noodles and a few seasonings and sauces. A great meal for those nights when you have little more than two seconds to get dinner on the table. I finally did a google search and found a recipe that is practically identical to the one I have.
1 large packet mung bean noodles
500g lean minced pork
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine
2 tablespoons chilli sauce
1 teaspoon corn flour
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 stalks scallions, sliced into small pieces
1/2 cup chicken stock
- Add soy sauce, rice wine, chilli sauce, and corn flour to a bowl. Mix in pork and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Soak the noodles in hot water for 20 minutes, then drain.
- Heat the wok, and add the oil. Cook the pork mixture over a high heat for 2 minutes. Add scallions and cook until pork is browned.
- Add chicken stock, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for a further 2 or 3 minutes, stirring well.
- Add noodles to wok. Stir until noodles and sauce are blended well together and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Garnish and serve.