Friday 8 May 2009

Bong-kers


Mr Busy started drum lessons today. He's very excited about the idea of learning the bongo's actually...and I like the lesser noise option. The drum teacher says there's a limit to the lessons he can provide so he'll do some beginner drum stuff too.

Mr Busy is ecstatic. Little boy heaven could be no better!!!!

The teacher is a young man who used to attend our church (Mr Busy has a special friendship with his Dad) and was in youth group when Dh & I ran it, a lifetime ago. So it's a special thing all 'round for us.

3 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

We got bongos for Jack last Christmas, and I wish he would play them. He's always drumming on the table, on the couch, on the dog ... why won't he drum on drums?

frances

Connie said...

What fun to learn the bongos! I, too, love the more muted sound. Of course, this opens up the entire percussion world for him.

Tracy said...

This opens up a huge world for him I think. This is the first thing that he's done for just himself. Usually it's the girls we're running after, being that bit older.

Heaven forbid that kids should be conventional Frances! Mr Busy was drumming on my piano yesterday. He'd muck about on the keyboard for a minute or two (not really playing, of course) and then you'd hear this thrum-a-wack-a-drum. Well, I'd never thought of using my piano as a drum....who'd-a-thunk.