Monday 18 May 2009

Planning Monday

Not just planning for menus...planning for the week.

I'm sitting here staring blankly at the two empty spaces in my menu plan. They need to be filled before I shop this morning! I also need to make sure that all the clothes have been washed and hung to dry so that Mr Busy and I have clean, dry clothes to pack by Tuesday night. I've meals to organise for while I'm away, bus passes to leave money for in case Dh decides to send the girls home after school with their cousin and snacks to prepare for camp so they don't have to bend their brains around a wheat free diet.

In the meantime, this is where I'm at with my menu plan:

Monday: Roast chicken (a hold over from the weekend)
Tuesday: ?
Wednesday: Chicken thigh pieces & vegies
Thursday: Pasta bolognaise
Friday: Something wonderful and pre-prepared before I go!
Saturday: Polenta crumbed chicken schnitzel
Sunday: Chicken & Corn Soup (after a big lunch!)

4 comments:

Joy McD said...

Your menu sounds like mine... lots of chicken planned. Tonight we will break it up with lamb meatballs. I'm going to try to get that on the go in a minute so that I don't have a rush later on.. It's a beautiful day on our side of Vic - one load of washing out and another on the way.. Have a great week! Sounds like it is going to be very busy!
lv,
Joy

Tracy said...

LOL Joy, you're right! There is a LOT of chicken on that menu. Just goes to show what my mental state is like. I usually try very hard not to have that happen.

Does it help to know I got a roast pork because it was marked down?

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I'm having a chicken week, too, though when I got back from the store I realized I hadn't gotten all the chicken I needed. I think my brain stopped after two pounds of bird. So back to the store I go ...

frances

Tracy said...

I couldn't get the grade of beef mince I wanted, so I need to go back too. Ugh, I already hemorrhaged a whole bunch of money!