Tuesday 8 July 2008

Herbed Ricotta Fritters

Your wish is my command...well, not quite! However, this is one request I can fill without any trouble at all!

Herbed Ricotta Fritters

500g fresh ricotta
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup self rasing flour
2 cups mixed fresh herbs *
150g parmesan cheese, finely grated
vegetable oil for shallow frying

  1. Preheat oven oven to 160C/300F.
  2. Place ricotta and egg yolks in a bowl and mix well. Add flour, herbs and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
  3. Form mixture into tablespoon sized balls.
  4. Heat the oil. Fry the balls in batches until golden on both sides. Remove from pan and place on a wire rack over a baking tray and keep warm in the oven.
* I've used parsley and rosemary, because that's what I have in my garden. I use about 3 sprigs of rosemary, and about the same in quantity when chopped, of parsley.

4 comments:

The Tin House said...

Tracy, what do you serve these with for the kids? Do they dip them in tomato sauce or something similar? Lisa x

Felicity said...

Thank you Tracy! I am in tastebud drooling heaven :)

Tracy said...

They have them with tomato sauce or sweet chilli sauce ~ whichever takes their fancy.

I serve them with vegies same as I would if I was making rissoles. I'd probably do potato wedges, carrots and broccoli & cauliflower with cheese sauce over it. Boring perhaps but it works for us! Ricotta is surprisingly satisfying.

To be honest, the kids are not thrilled with fresh herbs. The flavour is more intense, hence I back of the quantity that the recipe gives. It's amazing what can be eaten with sauce though LOL.

flmom said...

This sounds absolutely delicious - definitely something my hubby and I would enjoy!