Wednesday 2 April 2008

The Creative SAHM

Picture by Renior from art.com

My time here with Mum has been quite productive. I brought some fabric with me, and a piece of interfacing that I had traced a skirt pattern onto. It's just 8 curved panels. I put that together yesterday and today and will take it home to put on the facings and zip.

I also bought a new knitting pattern and some yarn to start a new cardigan. Completely different the the one I just finished. Again, just basically a stocking stitch, but I love the style.

Meanwhile, Mum has been madly piecing a foundation paper quilt. She's gotten to the last twenty or so patches and needed more sets of 3 fabrics for each patch so we've been matching up fabric swatches together and sorting through her massive stash to find them!

The girls are back into their crocheting. Not without quite a bit of frustration on Miss Sunshine's part. Her stubbornness outweighed her frustration and she's finally got the hang of the double crochet stitch!


And I've been walking. In the mornings, just for 20 minutes...boy I seem to be feeling it. I didn't realise that I was that out of shape.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I love hearing of your creative projects. What a wonderful time spent with your mother!

Anonymous said...

I love the sound of all your projects...the skirt sounds pretty. Are you going to post pics? And the cardi too? Oh and your Mum's quilt? I hope so!

Love, Tina :)

Dianne said...

Sounds like you are having a great time with your Mum! I know what you mean about the walks, my husband and I have started up our walk routine again and I feel it all over. It's funny how quick you get out of shape.