Saturday 12 April 2008

All in a Day's Work

What does one do, on a lazy sunny Saturday? Why you go Op Shopping of course! And whilst there, you might find a fabulous piece of fabric. Well...you just have to go home and make something with it don't you?! And, there's no way you could do that without popping in to the local quilt shop for some coordinated fabric...what a shame.


I had been meandering through the shopping tote tutorial links on Rhonda's blog, which were posted early in March. I was terribly inspired, and was very excited to have the chance to make one for myself. I used Anna's tutorial. Anna is an incredible sewer and so very inspiring. I was determined to half a good a job on this bag as she does on her projects!


Pretty cute huh!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great. I like your choice of fabric and lining. I'll have to make one.

Kate

Anonymous said...

Great bag. I guess you will have to go shopping

Tracy said...

Very cute! I received a set of 3 in Rhonda Jean's swap!

Dianne said...

Your choice of fabrics is outstanding. They go together so beautifully. Great job! Wish you lived closer and could show me how!!

Tracy said...

Dianne it was soooooo easy! If you have a basic working knowledge of how to sew with a machine you can do it.

I now have to take it in to the lady in the op shop, who gave me the fabric (saved me ohhhhh a dollar LOL) and said to show her the finished product.

Lorraine said...

Good work!! Thanks for stopping by my log and leaving a comment....I am looking forward to visiting Mrs Martin's quilt shop in spring...coming over for spring camp.....I love the old magazines too and often find little gems in them. Stop by again soon!

Anonymous said...

Great job Tracy, it's lovely!

Love, Tina :)

Dianne said...

You've inspired me, guess I'll get my machine out and give it a try.