Monday 21 April 2008

Monday's Marvelous Menus

Our menu is planned and all set to go and I've started working on my shopping list for this week.

Monday: Chicken Curry with Brown Rice (Nourishing Traditions recipes)
Tuesday: Crockpot Chicken Casserole with pasta (or I'll do enough rice for two meals)
Wednesday: Beef Pot Roast
Thursday: h/m fish & chips
Friday: h/m Meat pie with vegies (ANZAC Day)
Saturday: Chicken & Dumpling Soup
Sunday: Quiche & salad

Have you planned your menu yet?

If you feel a little bit challenged in this department but think you might benefit, why don't you start small and plan for two days at a time. That way you'll be able to use the crockpot if you have one and know that you'll have everything you need to make the meal you want to.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

your menu looks yummy! would you mind sharing the recipe for the casserole chicken?

Anonymous said...

Yummy as usual Tracy! I plan a couple of days in advance. I used to plan a week ahead but I need to be more flexible these days.

Love your menu this week!

Love, Tina :)

Dianne said...

I use to plan my menu's ahead to help prepare my shopping list and then when I was working sometimes, I didn't and just decided in my head about three meals and what I would need to buy to fix thoses meals thinking that I would probably have left overs enough for another two meals at least.

I got out of the habit but your question makes me think that I ought to go back to that system because I sometimes buy staples that I already have and miss some that I need when at the store.

If I planned my menu than I could shop for that menu. I probably would save on groceries and also not buy things I don't need.

Good Post! Thanks for the tip.

lol!

Dianne

Rel said...

You are my hero!!!

Planning menus...I wish I had the organisation you do :)