Saturday 14 January 2012

Questions Answered

What is a slice?

A slice is a sweet treat that could be described as sitting somewhere between a cake and a biscuit (cookie).  The mixture is cooked in a shallow rectangular tin and then sliced into squares when cooked.  Wikipedia was particularly unhelpful, however if you google 'slice recipe', you'll find some examples of what I'm trying to explain.

Let us know how the gnocchi roast potato went.

It was delicious!  Definitely good camping food.  Probably not something I would be in a hurry to repeat at home due to expense and my aversion to pre-made foods.  I used about one and half packets of gnocchi from Aldi and refrigerated the rest.  I cooked them up for a late afternoon snack for the kids a couple of days later.

2 comments:

Joolz said...

Inner Pickle has some nice slice recipes on her blog.

http://www.innerpickle.com.au/

Click on her Categories list in her side bar 'Slice of Wednesday' and it will give you all her slice posts. The Lazy Lady is really nice.

Cheers - Joolz

Tracy said...

Thank you so much Joolz - I will make sure I check that site out. Good slice recipes are a gold mine!