Monday 23 January 2012

Monday Menu Plan: Week Beginning 23 January


I know why I was reluctant about going back to work.  It's not that I don't love what I do.  It's not that I don't love the people I do it with.  I really missed having a little afternoon nap on the couch today!  If only there was some way to combine the two.

We've hit that school-start weather as well.  It always seems to be awfully hot when school is in the midst of returning to action.  Whilst January has been generally cooler than normal, February seems determined to outshine its predecessor.  Fortunately Our School has been busily installing cooling in more of the classrooms so life will be much more comfortable for some.

Of course, hot weather means cold food.  Here's what's on:

Monday:  Chicken wings; salad
Tuesday:  Pork chops; salad
Wednesday:  Chinese corn soup; chicken wontons
Thursday:  Meatloaf; vegies
Friday:  Beef noodle stir fry
Saturday:  Prawn & mango curry; rice
Sunday:  ...my brain hurts now - I'll think about it later.  Perhaps a special treat before the kids head back to school properly.

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

The afternoon nap is a lovely thing! Maybe you could sneak one in, say in a coat closet somewhere?

xofrances

Tracy said...

I have a little office - I just have very little time to hide in there LOL. I'm telling you, the no nap thing is a bit of a shock to the system. I've slept a LOT over the holidays.