Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year

 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Welcome to 2012!  Our beginning to the year was spent with friends - the perfect beginning.

I was reading a blog somewhere the other day (you know you click you way to who-knows-where and can't find your way back?) that said "How to make God laugh:  tell Him your plans".  I'm not much of a resolution maker.  Perhaps my 'resolutions' are more like hopes and dreams.

This year my hopes are simple:  that this year will be less challenging than the last; that our family will continue to laugh together and enjoy life; that we'll successfully cope with another busy year ahead.  Most of all I covet God's blessing, peace and joy in our lives in whatever it is He requires of us.

Of course there are other things I naively dream of and hope they will come to be with little or no effort or forethought...time to stitch unendingly, time to read with abandon, to be able to walk uphill with a spring in my step and abundant breath in my lungs.  A girl needs to dream, doesn't she?

What are your hopes and dreams for the new, unblemished, promising year ahead?

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Happy New Year, Tracy! A girl *does* need to dream. My dreams are similar to yours--time to sew and read and knit, time to be creative. I also dream of rehabbing my house a bit this year with paint and maybe a stick or two of new furniture. Wouldn't that be fun?

xofrances

Tracy said...

Oooh paint AND furniture? Fun, fun, fun. My house needs painting too. And I can tell you it will probably require hiring someone. We hate painting that much.