Pineapple Triffle...Tira Misu
OK, so I got bored yesterday. Yes, I did. I can't imagine what came over me, but I found myself in the kitchen making a dessert. My family thought Heaven had arrived on earth. I only do dessert when visitors are at our table, and last night there was just us. And a blowfly. Blowies don't count as guests, so you can imagine how excited everyone was.
I made one of our favourite pineapple desserts and kind of twisted it to use up a pack of sponge finger biscuits I'd had in the pantry. Voila - a pineapple tira misu kind of triffle thingy. Whatever you want to call it, it was very, VERY yummy.
1 packet vanilla pudding
600ml cream + a little milk
1 can crushed pinapple, drained (reserve the juice)
1 pack sponge finger biscuits.
- Begin by whipping the cream until it forms peaks - but make sure they're soft and floppy.
- Sprinkle the pudding mix on top and whip lightly until thoroughly mixed. You might need a little milk to thin the mixture a bit. Do this a little bit at a time.
- Add the drained crushed pineapple and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a rectangular dish, lay sponge finger biscuits that have been dipped in the reserved juice.
- Over the biscuits, spread about half of the pineapple mixture.
- Lay another layer of dipped biscuits over the pineapple and then top with another layer of the pineapple mixture.
- Cover with cling film and leave overnight.
Summer days and cold desserts. A perfect pair.