Friday 17 April 2009

Things That Make You Go Hmmmm...

  • Doing a book review for a non-fiction book on waves and surfing aimed at 8-11 year olds. Now there's a new experience! What ever does one write about a factual book?! Thankfully it was just a short book so I came home and did it straight away. Hopefully the librarian who dobbed me in will find it sufficient. More importantly, hopefully the publisher will be satisfied!

  • A rash that has broken out across one side of my face. My eczema has been going absolutely haywire over the last two weeks, which is partly attributed to stress. But things are way out of control now! I woke up the other morning and had to take a ring off my right hand because of how swollen that finger had become and now this. I'm off to the Naturopath this afternoon so hopefully she'll have some wise insights and answers for me.

  • Children who dress for summer, even though it is clearly cold outside with grey clouds and rain forecast. What is wrong with them???!!!!!
I suspect that's enough wondering for my poor old brain to cope with today. I have too many things swirling around up there to add much more. I'm going to be filling the empty spots with curriculum planning today. I hope it won't be too far over my head.

5 comments:

Rel said...

Hey Trac :) Praying you and the naturopath beat that eczema into submission!

Thanks for your comment on the Higley post - you are a treasure!

Tracy said...

Truthfully, I felt terrible that I'd not gone back and have a look at Tracy's You Tube message before I did. I'd seen it and thought I'd come back to it and hadn't. It was a great message!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Sorry to hear about the eczema. You've sounded a little stressed lately. Our bodies sure have a way of telling us when it's time to chill out, don't they? Hope all is well soon!

frances

Niki said...

I hope you're feeling better! My daughter has had great success with hers using the Aveeno baby body wash and cream for eczema.
Have a restful healthy weekend!
Niki

Tracy said...

Mine sure does Frances. But the stress related eczema will sort itself out. My hand and face are another story.

Niki it's good that your daughter has found something that works. Unfortunately what triggers it is different for everyone and what works is also different for everyone. I've tried some things others have recommended and ended up worse because I react to something in those remedies.