Tuesday 19 February 2008

Tomatoes


I had the first three cherry tomatoes from my garden before I thought to take a picture of them! However, when I went to sprinkle some water on the vegies this morning I found a few more on their way. There are about five altogether that could be picked, so I'll do that later today when it's not so hot.

We used sugar cane mulch on the vegie garden over the last two years and have found it to be fabulous. It really does stop the weeds coming through, and it doesn't send it's own little shoots up the way pea straw seems to.

I have my first few beans just beginning too. I really should plant vegies in September instead of November! I could've been enjoying the harvest well before now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those tomatoes look great!

Last spring you did the right thing planting in November as September and October were so dry.

Kate

Tracy said...

Really? It just always seems that everyone else is able to pick fruit at least a month or more before I do. My vegie garden is in a nice sunny spot too...this is only my 2nd garden and I have no idea what I'm doing beyond planting and watering!