Thursday 7 February 2008

A Quilter's Paradise

Picture from art.com by Carolyn Watson

I spent this morning at my local Quilt Shop. The lovely Karen has three or four mornings a week where she runs a sewing circle group. You can book in and just pay $5/week and do our own projects with the bonus of using some of her 'toys'. Ya know, the light box, rulers, cutting mat...stuff like that. I cannot begin to tell say how pathetically excited I have been all week, in anticipation of this morning. And then when I woke up it took me about 5 minutes to sort through what day it was. But you can believe I bounded out of bed very happily when I realised LOL. I had a great time ~ I was certainly not disappointed. I am pathetically excited about next week!!!!! I also discovered from the ladies there that my husband is quite popular in our town....well....to be precise, his coffee is quite popular. Apparently it's the best coffee...I dunno...I don't like coffee! But my dh makes the best cup tea for me after dinner most evenings.

Anyway, I have a number of projects that have been waiting to be finished or waiting to get started that I've had hanging around for as long as up to 10 years. So I'm going to spend some time with the fabulous group gals for a couple of hours each week and get some of these things done.

So Karen, if you ever do find my blog ~ no I wasn't scared off. I had the best time this morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I have lots of UFOS (unfinished fabric objects) around the house. It's good too that the group is affordable.

Kate

Debbie J said...

Sounds like my favorite kind of day!