Saturday 16 February 2008

Satisfaction


I am a woman on a mission. A rather enjoyable mission, but a mission none the less. This little wall hanging quilt is a project I began 2 1/2 years ago. I am embarrassed to say, but this has been sitting around merely awaiting the binding to be stitched under on the back, for two long years.

It took me at most 1/2 hour yesterday afternoon to finish it off and it now hangs on the wall beside the TV cabinet. A vast improvement over the clutter of paintings from Mr Busy's long gone days at pre-school!

This week I also finally got to the task of getting the girls' Girls Brigade badges sewed onto their sashes...just in time for their first evening this year, in full uniform. They are very proud of themselves, for having the joy of adding new badges. I think they look at the Pioneers in their company and all the badges they have earned in their years at GB and see it as something to aim at.

It is very satisfying to have some of my sewing tasks and projects completed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this!!! It's so pretty! Well done for finishing it...I bet you feel good now!

Blessings, Tina:)

Tracy said...

Thanks Tina. I am very happy. It gives me a great deal of joy.

I just visited your blog....and added it to my growing bookmark list of blog favourites. :-)