Wednesday 20 February 2008

Rhubarb, Rain and Reviewz

Today is going to be a bit mixed, sorry!

I'm going to start with my rhubarb mystery. The picture above is my rhubarb plant.
I think that's what I have growing. That's what I thought I bought, and certainly the leaves look right. But the stalks are very big and wide and are quite green apart from a faint blush of pink at the bottoms. I would love it if someone could tell me that my plant is indeed edible...or not!

We're getting our promised rain! It's been around the low 30's (C) for the last 5 days or so and quite frankly I was getting tired of being too warm and of not wanting to use the oven. So I am extremely grateful for cooler weather. My garden is happily soaking up all the rain it can get and I won't need to water my vegies by hand for the rest of the week...or so they say ;-) Anyone who knows Melbourne, knows they often get it wrong. I'm hoping they ARE a little bit wrong. I'd like a fine Saturday for our beach and fish 'n chips outing!

Finally, my friend Rel, at Relz Reviewz has a freebie book give-away on offer at her website for Au
ssie gals only...sorry. The book is 'Where My Heart Belongs' by Tracie Peterson and is basically a modern retelling of "The Prodigal Son". You just need to go to her site and post a comment and fulfill her 'conditions' for the opportunity to acquire it. The post is about 3 or 4 posts down. Rel often has books to give away so it's worthwhile visiting her often.


3 comments:

Rhonda Jean said...

Hi Tracy. You've got yourself a rhubarb plant there, it looks like the green rhubarb to me. Check this site out.

http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/rhubarb-varieties.html

BTW, the plant looks very healthy. Well done!

Tracy said...

Oh Wow, thank you. I'm so excited to know that it's edible. I'll have to pick some and try it out!

Thanks Rhonda, I appreciate your time.

Rel said...

You are a sweetie!