Monday 10 May 2010

Menu Planning: Week Beginning 10 May


I'm feeling really out of kilter this week. I wasn't able to grocery shop on Thursday or Friday .... or over the weekend. I'm now doing that 'duck into the supermarket on my way home from school' thing each evening. That stops tomorrow. I will have time to shop then, and shop I will.

In the meantime, we're taking it one day at a time like this:

Monday: Apricot Chicken
Tuesday: Hmmm...just Mr Busy and I. What shall we do, just us two?
Wednesday: Homemade Pizza
Thursday: Singapore Noodles
Friday: Party food dinner
Saturday: Zuchinni Slice, vegies & cheese sauce
Sunday: Tomato soup, sausage rolls or english muffin pizzas
I'm tempted to go very lazy on Tuesday, given it's an evening with a bit of dashing about. Will have to think on it some before tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, I'm trying desperately to get my next group of subjects here from College. The enrolment process for each group of subjects seems to be more tedious this year and my inclination to impatience shows its head. I'm trying to enjoy the space, but the truth is, I'd really love to get on with it.

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

When it's just me and the boys, we have French toast--easy, but feels special somehow. Enjoy your night with Mr. Busy!

frances

Linda said...

It's hard once we "fall off the wagon" with meal planning sometimes to get back on. I run into the same problems every couple of weeks, I feel so motivated when I do the one big run to the store each week and get everything needed for a half a dozen meals or so, but for emergencies I always keep a few staples around the house to whip up something quick.