Wednesday 26 May 2010

Maple Chicken

image from Nigella's Website

Frances commented that she'd not heard much of my Nigella obsession over recent weeks. Truth is, I don't suppose I've posted very much of anything in recent weeks. And of course, when a person is busy, cooking becomes more necessity-focused rather than for enjoyment's sake. My dinner tonight manages to combine necessity and pleasure in perfect harmony. Had I remembered to get chicken out in the morning it would have been so much better. If I'd been super organised and marinated the chicken during the day I suspect I'd be in Foodie Heaven.

In reality, I've come home and thrown a few simple ingredients together in true Nigella Express fashion...because much of my cooking is the express version these days! I found the recipe for Maple Chicken and Ribs on Nigella's website....so you can enjoy this meal too, in two shakes of a lamb's tail!

Of course, I altered the recipe to suit my needs. I didn't have any apple juice or ribs, so I simply ommitted those things. I am in love with the sweet smokey smoothness of real maple syrup. An indulgence that is truly with spending a few dollars on. Try not to be tempted by the cheaper alternative, I promise you, the real stuff is so much better. Of course I choose the cheapest one I can....so long as it's pure. And then I have a little on my natural greek yoghurt for breakfast.

3 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, that chicken looks good! Thanks for posting the recipe--I'm definitely going to try it.

I know what you mean about cooking when you're super busy. I realized yesterday it's been a long time since I really enjoyed putting a meal together--and a lot of the meals I've been making have been chosen for convenience. I'm looking forward to having some time to cook for fun!

frances

Tracy said...

I can't wait to hear how your family enjoys the recipe Frances.

Cooking for fun....that does sound rather relaxing and holiday-ish. Bring it on!

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.