Tuesday 31 May 2011

Monday Menu Plan: Week Beginning - Yesterday!

I can't wait until the Prep teacher returns from her few days off!!  Not only have I done a major part of the literacy planning, but I've also dealt with much of the behaviour stuff that has gone on in the last two days.  However, I'm confident that with her return, the kids will be back to normal, though not without a few carried-over consequences.  Apparently it's not just when I'm not at school that things go haywire!

Despite the enormous amount of energy expended, I've returned to my kitchen.  I'm just doing a little bit of reviewing at the moment to prepare for an exam, so I have time to cook meals again.  I'd been looking forward to wanting to cook...and I've succeeded in the wanting.  The girls will still get a look-in, but it will be easier on all of us for a number of weeks ahead.

I came home to a funny sight yesterday.  We've had ant problems, so Miss Sunshine had been spraying with surface spray to get rid of the last invasion.  Apparently that spray works really well ~ I found a Melbourne sized (read: miniature compared to the toprical sized ones I grew up with) cockroach, feet up and dead.  It must surely be the third world, bug-infested upbringing, but I thought it was funny.  And I am so glad for things like surface spray. 

So.  The real reason for the post ~ the menu....

Monday:  Recurrant lamb chops, vegies
Tuesday:  Spanish chicken, chorizo & potatoes (a Nigella recipe), vegies
Wednesday:  Honey mustard chicken, vegies
Thursday:  Creamy pasta
Friday:  Ricotta fritters, vegies
Saturday:  Soup (after a BBQ lunch with friends)
Sunday:  Lasagna

You know what...maybe the girls won't get a look-in this week ;o)  And just in case you thought my Nigella obsession had cooled, you'd be wrong.  I just hadn't had the time to indulge myself.  But two episodes from the 'Express' series was all the inspiration I needed.  Coffee cupcakes iced with mocha icing was the result.

2 comments:

Squiggly Rainbow said...

This family is looking forward to the Prep teacher returning aswell. Until my essays are finished and my Mister DCT is home, I'm not there to see what' going on, just going by the snippets I get from my AS boys! xo

Left-Handed Housewife said...

So glad you're still big on Nigella--it would have been strange if you'd suddenly gone off her!

When I lived in Texas we had monster cockroaches. Probably not as big as the ones you had in the tropics, but big enough. Made our little NC cockroaches look malnourished and sort of pathetic.

Of course, I'd just as soon as do without them altogether ...

xofrances