Thursday 3 February 2011

A Good Week's Work



I know the week isn't over yet.  But my work week is.  It's been a very interesting week!  I've touched base with students with whom I worked last year and enjoyed the more relaxed pace of older classrooms.  I've spent a lot of time in the younger classrooms getting to know new students  Hopefully we've been able to begin setting in place expectations and routines that will help them settle into our school quickly.  They are all gorgeous in their own unique ways.  The Prep's are hilarious.  I am loving spending time with the Year 2's, who were in Prep when last I worked in there.  And besides all of the students I work with, there are so many new young ones to get to know.  They are truly delightful.

We sat at recess today and every single one of us who work with children who have special needs had a "We did really well this morning" story to tell.  So the day didn't stay "really well" for all of them all the time.  But I'm thinking a day that doesn't include "I wish you were dead" is a really good day!  And that was today.

Tomorrow, I'm going to enjoy a day off....after I've rescued a mobilo train from the library so its creator is not distressed!

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Hope you enjoy/are enjoying your day off! It's so nice to have a day when you can say "we did really well." Hope you don't have too many days where someone wishes you dead--tough work conditions indeed!

xofrances