Saturday 22 January 2011

Saturday Catch Up

Dream Lake, Colorado

Between thinking about food, which seems to feature strongly in any blog planning I might do, we've managed a few other things this week. My two highlights consist of screen time (sad, but true) and friend time (much better).  We've enjoy a meal out and a meal at home in the company of friends.

Our meal at home involved using our friends as guinea pigs for a new recipe, which I'll post about later in the week.  But I did wonder how it is that I constantly do this.  And half way through the first few bites I realise I had no idea how this might turn out, exactly.  Fortunately it's never ended badly.  This time, in my defense, the meal was inspired by two little friends, and they were the two who got to enjoy the product.  And enjoy it they did.

As for screen time, we began with seeing The Voyage of the Dawn Treader at the cinema, with the tickets we got for Christmas.  I am loving that these classic books are being made into movies.  Despite less-than-impressed comments by critics, we enjoyed the movie thoroughly.  Secondly, I discovered the joys of unlimited download time and the magic Nigella Kitchen episodes on YouTube.  I took myself and the laptop off to another room and indulged myself thoroughly.  And found myself inspired to use the recipe book more effectively.  Truly, this is what I love about famous cookbook authors doing TV shows about their books. 

Today I hope to acquire the Nigella Express DVD so I can wipe all those episodes of the PVR and free up some space!  Given the constant repetition of watching these episodes, my gift voucher will be well spent.  Even Miss Sunshine opted for one of these recorded episodes rather than watching whatever was on TV one morning.

I'm off to enjoy my last few days before the return to work.  I think I'm almost ready to head back.  First though, a haircut is required.

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, my goodness, I can download Nigella on YouTube? Why didn't anyone tell me?!? I know what I'm doing tomorrow afternoon while the boys watch football!

xofrances