Wednesday 1 April 2015

Quick and Easy.....Oh the Love!

This is the meal I have not been able to make for six weeks.  A quick, simple, no-thought, done-in-moments kind of meal.  It's not that I think pre-prepared chicken schnitzels are so magnificient, it's more that they have not been an option when I have had it up to *here*.  Like at the end of a day in a Prep classroom, for example.  I have cooked almost every single meal, apart from one weekend away where that was impossible.

And so tonight we re-enter the world of my version of not cooking.  A packet of chicken shnitzels that take 20 minutes in the oven.  The only prep?  Putting them on an oven tray and putting them in a preheated oven.  The coleslow is those four ingredients.  I toss together the precut coleslaw (whole bag), grated tasty cheese and pineapple which I cut into small chunks (the tins of chunks are too....chunky).  I mix some of the juice from the tin with some mayo so it's thinner and it all gets tossed together. 

So easy.  And that's what I've missed.

Dinner is done!

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

As I'm trying to eat a more veggie- and grain-based diet, I've learned that it's hard to make meals without cooking everything from scratch. Since I work at home, it's not too much of a problem, but there are days when throwing some ravioli in a pot of boiling water (or frying up some hamburges) and calling it dinner is a lovely thing!

xofrances