Tuesday 17 June 2014

My Annual Date with Anne (of Green Gables)


I ended up succumbing to the cold that was brewing last week.  I'm a bit of a bloke when it comes to having a cold...I kind of keel over and pretend to die for a few days.  In my defense it only happens once a year, usually, so I'm not well practiced at what it is to be sick.

In any case when I have to take a day off work because I'm unwell I spend the time sleeping and watching 'Anne of Green Gables'.  It's our annual appointment and one I always enjoy.  Because it's comforting to catch up with friends who have been a part of your life for a very long time.  When you're unwell you need comfort in whatever guise it can be found.  And good cold and flu meds. It is a perfect prescription for getting well again.

Do you know else what I've discovered this week?  I really, really enjoy having hot water with a slice of lemon in it.  Better, even, than a cup of tea.  My lemon tree is groaning with overabundance so I am set to enjoy this for a few months yet!

What are your comforting traditions when you're under the weather?

No comments: