Friday 11 January 2013

Of Garlic and Garden Bounty


I decided not to do any vegetable gardening while I'm doing my teaching degree.  It's a decision about which I vacillate often.  I love having a vegie garden.  I love eating beautiful homegrown vegetables that are at their peak of flavour.  However I simply do not have time to care for a garden.  Although I know what I'm missing out on I know this is the right decision for this season of life.

Imagine my delight, then, while dropping Miss Mischief at a friend's home, when I was asked if I would like some garlic.  Absolutely!  The Dad was cleaning a couple of crates of garlic bulbs and wondered if I could use some.  Oh my - of course we can!  I go through tons of garlic so having some freshly-pulled, locally-grown garlic is a real treat.  When I brought them home they still had the red dirt clinging to the roots, which I've dispensed with in the interest of cleanliness.

I wonder what magnificent things I could make with these!

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

The Man grew garlic last year, and it's so good! How nice to have friends who share their bounty.

xofrances