Monday 4 January 2016

A Menu Plan....


It has been a long time since I've posted a menu plan.  Not because I haven't been doing them.  A list-writing type of person is never far from a list of some sort, and this type of list saves my sanity more often than I'd care to admit.  I stopped posting them because they weren't terribly popular posts, and many of my meals are repeated often.  It seemed like having a collection of menu plans over a long period of time and stored in one place was probably enough to wander through.

This week, however, I seem to have found some enthusiasm for my plan.  Enthusiasm seems to wane as I get busy, so working full time is quite the antidote to any kind of kitchen excitement.  I even have ideas for lunches that make me quite happy.  Here we go -- a summer menu plan for us Picket Fencer's:

Monday:  Pasta Bolognese (I'll be out with friends and I'm quite happy to miss out on this meal)
Tuesday: Crunchy Chicken Cutlets (from Simply Nigella)
Wednesday: Roasted Vegetable Platter
Thursday: Vegetable Curry & Rice
Friday: Summer Margherita Pasta
Saturday: Chicken Burgers & Sweet Potato Fries
Sunday: Jacket Potatoes with Coleslaw

My Summer Margherita Pasta is the newest addition to our repertoire.  I'll try to remember to take a photo, but it is a bowlful of summer-i-ness that we all loved.  Even the non-herb lovers of the family (that would be all the younger ones).  I'll post a recipe when I take the photo.

For lunches I'm dreaming of things like sushi rolls, hot dogs, and I found some marked-down smoked salmon which needs to be eaten in the next couple of days.  Perhaps I need to find some really good robust, chewy bread and eat it with some cream cheese.

No comments: