Tuesday 29 December 2015

New Baby Adult News


We have a new addition to our family:  a little pixie-sized car.  This arrived on Christmas Day, along with my parents and our newest baby adult, Miss Mischief, was very excited!  She has always wanted a cute little tiny car and it just so happened my parents were in a car replacing phase just as Miss Mischief turned 18.  It was kind of like getting a really fun Christmas present, until Miss Mischief watched me write the cheque and realised that what she had actually received was a debt to her parents!  Ahh the joys of adulthood.

So this cute little baby car is sitting in the backyard, out of the way of the three that zip in and out of the driveway on a constant basis.  Four is going to be quite the juggle.  I suspect my sacred position under the carport is about to be challenged in favour of easy early-morning exits.

For anyone who thinks cars should have names (I am not this person, btw), her name is Misty.  Named by my mother and happily adopted by Miss Mischief.  Miss Sunshine's car is named Chelsea. Dh and I have heavily resisted having our cars named.  We are, however, known to call out to Mr Busy around bedtime "Where's Henrey?" Henrey the iPod should never be allowed in the same room as Mr Busy when it is time to sleep.  Henrey weaves a spell to play games over Mr Busy that he finds impossible to ignore.  Yes, that IS how Mr Busy spells Henrey - clearly we have problems here.

2 comments:

Joolz said...

We name our cars too! Over the past few years we've had Felicia the Falcon, Frida the Fiesta, Sascha the Mondeo, Flo the Fiesta, Blue the GT and Ruby the Defender. :)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I named one car--a 1984 Mazda GLC. I called it Bob, because I thought it was funny to call my car Bob. Everyone called Bob "Bob" or "Bob the Mazda." I drove that car 14 years.

Congratulations to Miss M on her new set of wheels!

xofrances