Tuesday 19 November 2013

When life throws you a curveball....


Just when I thought I could slow down life's curve-balls have decided to head this way.  Uni finished at the beginning of November, for me, so I thought things would slow down a little.  But no.  Rather than the particularly fine art of juggling Uni with everything else we're heading down a pathway of figuring out some kid-related issues instead. 

At first I was feeling a little bit miffed that my peaceful days of no Uni were being stolen from me unawares only to be replaced with other time-consuming affairs.  And then I realised my decision not to study over the summer was really God ensuring I had the space I was going to need.  I thought I was taking time to rest.  And I am, there will still be plenty of time to sleep and read and clean my house from one end to the other.  But these days will also be ones where I can manage extra appointments and ensure the 'issues' are being cared for in the best way possible.  God does indeed know the plans he has for us.

On top of it all I now have a Year 12 student in the house, as of yesterday.  Year 12.  I really don't know how that happened.  I'm pretty sure the last time I looked at my kids they were about waist high and in Primary school.  Now we're staring down the barrel of having a school leaver this time next year.

2 comments:

jude's page said...

Hope the issues are worked out for you. Enjoy reading your blog, and your recipes, thankyou.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I'm glad you'll have the time to focus on the issues facing your family. Just remember to take time for yourself--it's the equivalent of putting on your oxygen mask first so you can then help those around you.

xofrances