There are some things I know I definitely want in a new kitchen:
- white vinyl wrap cabinets, instead of dark wood
- drawers instead of cupboards as much as possible
- stone bench top (light coloured)
- sink going the opposite direction
- 90cm gas cooktop (the 60cm I have is too small for the pots I use all the time)
- microwave mounted WAY lower than it's current position (the bottom is my head height - so dumb)
- pyrolytic, self-cleaning oven
I am totally uncertain about the oven. I thought I wanted a larger, under-bench oven. It would give me a little more bench space, and the kitchen layout would be more flexible. But when we were looking at appliances the other day the sales girl made a very valid point: under-bench ovens are harder to get heavy things in and out. My SIL has recently moved house and gone from wall to under-bench, and she agreed. Now I'm really not sure what to do.
I need some good advice. If you have your choice what would you have...and why?