Thursday 25 December 2014

Merry Christmas


From our home to yours, 
Merry Christmas! 

This year has been declared "The Year of the DVD" in our house.  What can I say - we love watching movies together and this was, apparently, the perfect time to endow one another with movies we've been wanting.  Since I'm the kitchen gal, I finally have in my possession a cast iron recipe book stand.  No more splashes on recipe book pages for me!  I needed that yesterday and this morning before we exchanged gifts.  I have been making caramelised red onion chutney, lemon curd and fruit mince yesterday and today.  The chutney was part of our gift to my brother and his wife.  I had some on my hamburger last night.  YUM.  The lemon curd has been used in the trifle.  The fruit mince will go into pies for Sunday with my family. 

Picket Fence Christmas Menu

Glazed Ham
Roast Pork (with crackling - the best bit)
Cranberry Sauce & Apple Sauce (for the pork)
Hasselback Potatoes
Roast Carrots
Caesar-style Salad

Lemon & Raspberry Trifle
Christmas Pudding & Custard

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope your celebrations 
are full of precious, beautiful 
moments with people you love.  
More importantly, my prayer 
is that you will be reminded 
of the incredibly priceless gift God 
gave us through the birth of his son. 

No comments: