Friday 11 July 2014

A Delicious Pumpkin, Tomato, Bean & Quinoa Salad

Roast Pumpkin, Tomato & Green Bean Quinoa Salad

This week, between cleaning the laundry and cleaning out/organising my wardrobe, I've been tootling about the internet looking for delicious, satisfying meal ideas for Fast Days.  Organising myself for 5:2 dieting is so much easier when nothing much else is going on!  I have three serves of roasted tomato and red capsicum soup in the freezer ready for going back to work, and I suspect my newest quinoa recipe is going to feature often as well.  Or some variation of it.

If you are a lover of quinoa salads you are simply going to adore this one I found at Create Bake Make.  You will find the recipe for Lauren's Roasted Pumpkin, Tomato and Green Bean Salad here. For once I made the recipe exactly as it is written, and I am in love.  The recipe says this will feed two, and probably if I were sharing it with my hubby that would be true.  But I'll get three serves for lunch without any problem.  Quinoa is surprisingly filling, yet it doesn't leave you feeling heavy.  I love it.

No comments: