Thanksgiving Day is one of the few celebrations from another culture that is appealing to me. I think we would all do well to set aside time in our busy lives to focus on the blessings in our lives and I love that Americans have set aside that time. They are indeed a blessed bunch to have that opportunity. If I ever had reason to be living in the US I know this is something I would look forward to! Given that I can do is take a moment on my day off I thought I'd post a list of things I am grateful for here:
- A magnificent, patient, funny husband.
- The most amazing children.
- A home in a beautiful little corner of the world.
- A job I adore working with people I admire.
- Friends who bless me in unimaginably precious ways.
- Extended family who bless us in their own ways.
- Generational and personal faith. Perhaps that should go first!
- The opportunity to study in a way that works with my family and work.
- Needs that are always met.
- Having experienced a Colorado Springs summer with no flies (as I chase blowies around the house with fly spray!)
What are you thankful, blessed and grateful for?