Despite being a very girly kind of girl, I've never really been into make-up and nail polish. Perhaps it has to do with growing up in the tropics, where make-up would melt off. Perhaps it was the fact that in a third world country these items were hard to come by. Perhaps it is that my mother is not really into these things either. Whatever the reason, this part of being a girl kind of bypassed me.
The other day I had a strange hankering for nail polish - a rare thing indeed. So I pestered Miss Sunshine to see if she had any really pale pink stuff. Because that's about all I could possibly handle. The only thing she had was a two-step gel thing, but the right colour so I went with it.
One of the things I don't love about nail polish is that within two days it is chipped and driving me nuts. I don't like the feel of it when I'm using my hands (you know, all the time), and stuff touches the top of my nails. It's just all been icky. This gel stuff is completely different! The photo above is three days in. It hasn't budged. Not a bit. And it actually feels really nice on my nails.
Miss Sunshine happened to have Rimmel London polish. This week I bought a two-step gel in pale taupe from Aldi. For $10 I figured it was worth a shot...otherwise I'll go back to the Rimmel.
Other things I'm loving:
- This rhubarb crumble recipe (for the rhubarb) from Maggie Beer, with this crumble topping from Shauna Niequist. I omitted the pecans and added coconut to the topping.
- New blog at "The Daily Connoisseur"
- Discovering Aldi jam is made just up the road from where I live, from fruit grown in Australia.
- "This is Us" began last week, and "Fixer Upper" starts this week.
- Most importantly....feeling like I was winning at my job yesterday, even though we had a mucky, messy afternoon with kids going in all directions.
What are you loving today?